Beautiful boats and steamers, on the water, in our exhibition galleries and our conservation workshop: discover a museum in one of England’s most famously beautiful settings that tells stories of speed, of war, of leisure, of luxury lifestyles and of expert craftsmanship.
Our museum gives you a real insight into life on the lake via three interactive gallery spaces, a boathouse where the lake merges with the museum, our live conservation workshop, and via memorable boat trips on beautifully restored heritage steam launches.
Group bookings for the museum, heritage boat trips, tours and refreshments are now available, for visits from May 2019.
Benefits for Groups
- Special admissions rates for groups of 12 or more
- An all-weather attraction
- Open all year (except 25 and 26 December)
- Timed entry to the museum with early and late exclusive opening options
- Groups greeted on arrival, plus fast-track entry
- Guided tours (on request, subject to availability)
- Book exclusive heritage boat trips
- Lake District-inspired dining packages
- Arrive by coach or by boat with Windermere Lake Cruises.
Make your visit memorable with an exclusive heritage boat trip on the lake in an historic steam launch. Our heritage boats carry up to 12 people at a time and we can arrange for multiple trips for larger groups.
Benefits for group organisers
- Group organisers receive free entry (for groups of 12 or more)
- A free familiarisation trip with our Commercial Assistant
- Help planning your visit
- Options to combine your visit with a Windermere Lake Cruise or other nearby attractions, at discounted package rates
Blue Badge Guides / Official Cumbria Tourist Guides
We are keen to work with local Blue Badge and Tourist Guides, and run bi-annual briefing sessions designed for guides to introduce them to our collections, stories and key themes. Please contact us to find out more.
Registered Blue Badge Guides who book groups in advance will benefit from the following:
- Free entry with the group
- Free familiarisation visit (one per guide)
- Invitations to our special exhibition launch events
- Invitations to our collections briefing sessions
Arriving by coach
There is no coach parking, but we have two spaces for pre-booked coach drop-off. Please send us an enquiry to book.
Please do let us know if you are running late. If your coach arrives outside its booked slot we may not be able to accommodate the drop-off.
We know that you can’t hang around but you are welcome to take a free cup tea or coffee away with you.
Group admission prices
Special group rates apply for pre-booked groups of 12+ people and 24+ people.
The maximum group size that we can accommodate is 52.